- The Beginning -

Wow...this is the start of a very exciting chapter in my life. To tell you a little about me, I am the wife of an awesome husband and the mother of three adorable children. We have a very busy household, like most young families...but we LOVE it, and we try to enjoy every crazy minute...all together...the five of us!

I never imagined that I would enjoy photography as much as I have over the past year and a half...and it all started by chance. My stepfather gave me and my husband our first camera, a 35mm Canon Rebel, for Christmas the first year we were married. We used it over the next four years, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then one day about two years ago, while up in our youngest son's room, something hit me...and that is where it all began.

As usual, we had just finished another routine diaper change after morning nap, but something was different that day. I had Gabriel (our youngest son) up on the changing table to dress him. While I was looking through the baskets below him for a shirt, I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye...he was sitting there playing with his toes. The natural morning light shining through the window on him was so beautiful that I just had to pause. Looking at him brought a smile to my face, along with a warmth in my heart that every mother has felt...a moment in time that I didn't want to forget. I wanted to have and hold that moment always. So I grabbed the camera, and proceeded to play and have fun. I think I tried every mode and function it had, not really knowing what the heck I was doing, or how the pictures would come out. By the time I was done, I had shot two rolls of film. I am not sure why that day was different, something just hit me...I was hooked!

I love when we have those moments in time, whether with family or friends, when everything seems to just stop...for just a second and that feeling hits you...bringing a smile to your face and warmth to your heart. I wanted to share this with you all, so you would know how my love for photography began. Below is one of the pictures I took that morning. It wasn't with the digital Canon I have now, so I had to scan this one in...but it is still one of my favorites, and always will be, because this was the start of it all! I hope you will stay in contact with me through my blog, and watch as I learn and grow as a photographer. Thank you, and I look forward to what is yet to come.


No comments: