- FAQ -

-What type of photographer are you?

I am an on-location, natural light photographer who enjoys capturing the special moments in life. I specialize in maternity, newborn, children and families...but enjoy all areas of photography.

-How do I get started with you as our photographer?

Once you have decided that my style of photography is just what you are looking for…
-Contact me and tell me a little about what you would like to accomplish.
-When I receive your information, I will call you for a simple phone consultation.
-If you need ideas for settings and clothing, I would be glad to offer suggestions!
-Lastly, we will pick a date and time that works best for what you are wanting to capture.

-When should I have pictures done of my family?

I say all the time! :) However, I do realize this is not possible. A good guide is...
-Newborns, within the first 10 days
-Six months, once sitting on their own
-One year, once able to stand or walk
-Toddlers to adults, anytime
-Families, once if not twice a year…Spring & Fall

-How does your schedule work?

To keep a healthy balance and give “my best” to my family and my clients, I choose to only book 2 sessions per month. I will book 1 additional session for newborns, if needed, since we often don't know exactly when they will arrive. My sessions fill fast, so if you have a time in mind, please contact me as soon as possible to insure that I can meet your needs.

-How does picture day work?

I look at it as a day out with friends...relaxing and fun! I never put time frames on my sessions...I just don't believe in restricting either of us. I will stay with you as long as it takes to make sure that your goal is met. To give you a general idea, sessions usually take 1-3 hours, depending on the number of people involved. I allow plenty of time for snack and play breaks, which are always welcome!

-After my session, how do I then view and order my pictures?

Within 3-5 days of your photo session, I will post a "sneak peek", of a few favorite shots, on the blog. Feel free to share the post with family and friends! About 3-5 weeks later, I will email you a slideshow of your final pictures. At this time you may choose which prints to order. I can offer ideas and products to help you with displaying them. Once you have decided on your order, I require a 50% deposit which is non-refundable. Your order will be placed immediately, and can be shipped directly to you. If you have chosen to purchase your images on a CD, I will provide you with all the information needed for printing, along with my copyright release for your pictures.

-Can I get more information on pricing and products?

Certainly…when you contact me, I will provide you with a full list of packages and products. To get you started, my sitting fee is $195 (up to four people and one pet…add $10 for each addition person or pet) and from that you will receive a $50 credit towards the purchase of pictures and products. This covers my time and talent during your session, as well as after, to prepare your pictures for purchase.

-Can you recommend different locations?

Absolutely! There are many awesome places right here in the greater Sacramento area. If you are not sure where to find that "perfect” setting, I can suggest various locations with different "feels". Keep in mind that staying right at home, or going to a familiar place, often makes everyone comfortable.

-Can I refer my family and friends to you?

You bet…I LOVE referrals! The greatest compliment you could give me is to refer your family and friends. As a “thank you” upon completion of their photo session, you and the person you referred will each receive a $25 gift certificate towards a future portrait order. There is no limit to the amount of referral credits you can earn…so spread the word!

-Do you offer specials at any time during the year?

Yes! Several times throughout the year I will post specials including the “monthly comment” gift certificate, the referral “thank you” credit, and the “mini” sessions... they are a favorite, and include the release of 1 free image for you on a CD. I offer “mini” sessions in late Spring for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, and in the Fall for the Holidays. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you will be "up-to-date" with the latest specials!

Please feel free to call or email me with any other questions...I look forward to discussing your thoughts and ideas!